DR. MUSTAFIZ M. RAHMAN
- ORTHOPAEDIC, TRAUMA & SPINE SURGERY
ORTHOPAEDIC, TRAUMA & SPINE SURGERY
- Dr. Mustafiz M. Rahman is a renowned British trained Orthopedics Surgeon. He studied in Dhaka Medical College & obtained MBBS degree in 1972. Soon after, he went to UK & qualified as FRCS surgeon from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow. With the aim of working to help people in rural Bangladesh, he attended a practical course on tropical medicine in UK & obtained DTM&H degree. Later he was conferred degree of FACS from the American College of Surgeons, USA. He is a qualified ATLS Tutor.
- Dr Mustafiz M Rahman has more than 45 years of experience in orthopedic surgery.
- After a year of qualifying from Dhaka Medical College, Dr. Rahman moved to United Kingdom in 1973 for further training. In UK, he has soon earned reputation of a very capable surgeon and was promoted from the rank of a junior trainee surgeon through registrar to the post of consultant surgeon within a short time. He has earned reputation as an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon by performing various major orthopedic procedures including large number of total hip & total knee replacements and ACL reconstruction with great success.
- Twelve years later Dr Rahman moved to Saudi Arabia to work in King Fahad & King Khaled National Guard Hospitals in Riyadh & Jeddah respectively, which are one of the most reputable tertiary referral centers in the Kingdom. Here, in addition to above surgeries, he developed expertise on management of new dimensions of orthopedic problems which included TB & traumatic spine injuries, Scoliosis, Neglected club feet, Congenital dislocation of hip, Polio and severe trauma. In trauma, Dr. Rahman was recognized as an expert on management of pelvic & acetabular injuries for which patients from many areas in the Kingdom were referred to him for further management. Dr Rahman was given the honor to look after the orthopedic problems of family King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia for 5 years.
- In 2010 Dr Rahman returned to Bangladesh to join in Square Hospital Ltd. on invitation of the medical director
- Major orthopedic trauma specially pelvic & acetabular fractures
- Total joint replacement of hip, knee, shoulder & elbow
- Spine surgeries for trauma & deformities including scoliosis
- Surgery for prolapse disc, TB & tumor of spine
- Deformity of feet & congenital dislocation of hip
- Correction of bone deformity with growing rods in Brittle bone disease
- To further his knowledge and experience in orthopedic subspecialty of interest Dr. Rahman has traveled extensively to the countries of five continents of the world & attended lectures, workshops, operating rooms with experts in the field. Even at present stage of his experience, he regularly travels abroad, to keep updated on recent developments.
- Dr. Rahman was involved in teaching throughout his medical carrier. In UK, he taught students from The London Medical School and in Saudi Arabia as an Asst. Professor, he taught students from King Saud medical school in Riyadh. He regularly taught students for preparation of FRCS, Arab Board and Saudi Board examinations and was examiner of Saudi Board of Orthopedics. Dr Rahman was offered the post of Associate professor in orthopedics in BSMMU, Dhaka in 2001. He is a registered tutor of Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) courses.
- Dr Rahman has publications in international medical journals namely: Injury, Annals of Plastic Surgery, Spine and Saudi Medical Journal.