Prof. Dr. Qamruzzaman Chowdhury
- Consultant, Oncology & Radiotherapy
Prof. Dr. Qamruzzaman Chowdhury
Consultant, Oncology & Radiotherapy
- Trained in Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Huston, Texas, USA.
- Fellowship training in IMRT & IGRT, Bangkok, Thailand.
- IAEA Fellowship training on 3D conformal Radiotherapy, Osaka, Japan.
- Participate every year – San Antenio Breast Conference, ASTRO, World Conference of Lung Cancer(WCLC), Asia Pacific Cancer Conference etc.
- Organizing Chairmen of two international conference in Bangladesh; Dhaka Head & Neck Cancer Conference and Bangladesh Breast Cancer Conference.
Research & Publication
- Comparison of 70 Gy 3DCRT with Concurrent Chemotherapy versus Conventional 66 Gy Radiotherapy with Concurrent Chemotherapy in Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Larynx. Shafatujjahan, Chowdhury Q, Islam J, Chowdhury MMR, Begum FA, Saha CK (2016) Adv Cancer Prev 1: 105. doi:10.4172/2472-0429.1000105.
- Early Glottic Squamous Cell Carcinoma in a 16-Year-Old: Case Report, Review of the Literature and Pediatric Head and Neck Radiotherapy Guidelines: Rajesh Balakrishnan, Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Mohammed Astefchar Hussain, Muhammad Masudul Hassan Arup, Nizamul Haque, Fariah Sharmeen, Arunangshu Das, Bidoura Naznin, Case Rep Oncol 2015;8:363–368, DOI:10.1159/000438899.
- Sister Mary Jospeh’s nodule as initial presentation of carcinoma caecum-case report and literature review. J Gastrointest Oncol 2015. Balakrishnan R, Rahman MA, Das A, Naznin B, Chowdhury Q. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2078-6891.2015.073.
- Platinum –based Therapy with Gemcitabine or Docetaxel in Advanced Non –Small Cell Lung Cancer: A retrospective analysis to evaluate differences in response due to Ethnicity: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Salim Reza, Arifur Rahman, Latifa Sultan, Ferdous A. Begum, Fariah Sharmeen, Md. Nurunnabi, A.S.M.F.K Chowdhury, Daud H. Khan.
- Tracheal Adenocarcinoma Treated with Adjuvant Radiation: A Case Report and Literature Review: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Arifur Rahman, Latifa Sultana, M. Anwarul Islam, Golam Mohiuddin Akbar Chowdhury, Case Rep Oncol 2013;6:280-284. DOI:10.11.59./000351736, Published Online: May 23, 2013. www.karger.com/cro.
- Adjuvant Nutritional Therapy in the Management of Malnourished Cancer patients: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Fazle Elahi, A.Kenneth Olson, M.A.Khaled; Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 1(3):119-120,2002,Asian Network for scientific Information 2002.
- Childhood cancers in Bangladesh M A Rahim, AMMS Alam, Q Chowdhury, M M Alam, F A Chowdhury, M O Baki, International Incidence of Childhood Cancer, Vol. 11, International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization, IARC scientific publication no: 144, Page 145-147, 2000.
- Dose distribution over different part of cancer patients during radiation treatment in Bangladesh, F K Miah, F Ahmed, Z Begum, B Alam, Q Chowdhury, radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 77 No. 3, Page 199-203, 1998, Nuclear Technology Publishing, UK.
- Clinical experience with Capecitabine as Adjuvant Therapy in Different types of Gastro-intestinal (GI) Cancers: Q Chowdhury,Faisal, AKMF Haque, M.Ali,M.A.Hai, SAR. Chowdhury: Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons, Vol. 20, No. 2,P-54-61, May2002.
- Prevalence of perform sinus carcinoma-clinical analysis of 150 cases at Dhaka Medical College Hospital, Q Chowdhury, F Elahi, Prodip RB, Quamrul H T : Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeon. Vol 16, No 1, Page-16, January 1998.
- Application of anti-oxidative Nutritional Support to alleviate Radiotherapy induced toxicities in cervical Cancer patients: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, A. Hai, M.A. Klaled, F. Elahi,K.J.Maula, F.A.Begum. Hosna. A. Sompa, M. Manirul Islam: Bangladesh Journal of MEDICAl SCIENCE, Vol. 08, No.02, P-79-83, September 2002.
- Oesophageal Cancer treated with radiation therapy at Dhaka Medical College Hospital: A clinical analysis of 127 cases M A Hai, Fazle Elahi, Q Chowdhury, Prodip R Bhowmick, Officail Journal of the Society of Otolaryngologist and Head-Neck surgeons of Bangladesh, vol. 3, No. 2, page 47-19, October 1997.
- Response of Radiation therapy in carcinoma maxillary Antrum: Q Chowdhury, H R Ansary, Khabiruddin Ahmed, Fazle Elahi, Offical Journal of the Society of Otolaryngologist and Head-Neck surgeons of Bangladesh, Vol. 6, No. 1, Page 17-19 April 2000.
- Epidemiological study on patients treated at radiotherapy department. M Kamaluddin, M A Islam, Q Chowdhury, A K Gulam Muhammad, M A Hussain: Ban Can Report, Vol. 17, No. 1 & 2, 1994.
- Clinicopathological study of carcinoma of larynx-a Study of 80 cases. S k G Mostafa, Q Chowdhury, M Obeyedullah, M N Miah, M T Hussain: ban Can Report: Vol. 15, No. 1, 1993.
- D’emblee –an uncommon presentation of mycosis fungoides:MN Islam, k.Ahsan, RB Zaid, H A Begum, H M Khan, Nazimuddin, Q Chowdhury, Diabetes and endocrine journal, vol-29, Number-2, P-77-80, July2001.
- We Can Cure Half of the Cancers: Give Us a Hands: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury: THE MEDICINE DIGEST, Vol. 2, Number-3, P-19 January-March 2002.
- Childhood Cancers in Bangladesh M A Rahim, AMMS Alam, Q Chowdhury, M M Alam, F A Chowdhury, M O Baki, Bangladesh Cancer Report, Vol. 15, No. 1, Page 78-82, 1996.
- Capecitabine Therapy in Gall Bladder Carcinoma – (GBC) : A Bangladesh Experience: Q Chowdhury,M.A.Hai, SAR Chowdhury, MN.Ahsan: Cancer Research and treatment, vol-35,supplement-2, Page-56, November
- Palliative Care
- Radiation Therapy (IMRT, 3DCRT)
- Professor & Departmental Head – National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital.
- Responsible for the establishment of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Center- Starting of Chemotherapy Day care Centre - Commencing Radiotherapy Machines on January 2010.
- Organizer of two international conference in Bangladesh
-Dhaka Head & Neck Cancer Conference
-Bangladesh Breast Cancer Conference.
- World Lung Cancer (IALC) Travel awards.
Prof. Dr. Qamruzzaman Chowdhury is a passionate Physician in the field of oncology who divides his time between clinical practice, training, consulting, scholarly writing and research. He is a medical graduate from Sir Salimullah Medical College and Mitford Hospital, Dhaka, obtained Diploma in Medical Radiotherapy (DMRT) from University of Dhaka and FCPS in Radiation Oncology from Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bangladesh. Professor Chowdhury exploring the field of Oncology for more than twenty years, in this dynamic period of his career he served patient from different position as Registrar, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor. He worked as a Professor & Head of Radiation Department in National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Presently working as Director Medical Services & Head, Dept of Radiation Oncology
Ahsania Mission Cancer & General Hospital & Chief Consultant at Bangladesh Specialized Hospital Limited at Department of Oncology. He also worked as Consultant of Square Oncology and Radiotherapy Center, Square Hospitals Ltd. for nine years and Responsible for the establishment of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Center. He has obtained advanced training from different renowned hospitals like Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre, USA; National Cancer Research Institute, India; King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Thailand etc.
He also joined in many seminars and symposiums in home and abroad and presented papers in international conferences like World Conference of Lung Cancer, Asia Pacific Cancer Conference etc. He has authored a number of articles in national and international journals.
His current research interest is focused on the quantitative analysis of Breast cancer treatment outcome in the clinic. He is locally involved with Bangladesh Cancer Society and also member of international organizations like ASTRO, ASCO, ESTRO etc. He is present organizing Chairmen of two international conference in Bangladesh; Dhaka Head & Neck Cancer Conference and Bangladesh Breast Cancer Conference. He is also a member of editorial board of ‘Advances in Cancer Prevention’ Journal.