Department of Thoracic Surgery encompasses the emergency and routine procedures of chest diseases. Emergency procedures include chest trauma and its consequences pleural effusion, pneumothorax, accidental inhalation of foreign body in aero digestive tract.
Routine pulmonary procedures include lung cancer surgery (Lobectomy pneumonectomy), bronchiectasis, lung abscess, hydatid diseases, aspergilloma other component of chest include
- Chest wall tumours, deformity, sternal diseases.
- Pleural diseases like empyema thoraces, thickened pleura, mesothelioma, chylothorax.
- Mediastinal tumour like, thymoma, Nero fibroma. Mediastinal cyst dermoid, giant lymph node.
- Oesophageal Surgeries for benign and malignant strictures. Carcinoma oesothagus achalasia.
- Diaphragmatic surgeries like ruptured diaphragm, event ration placation, hiatus hernia.
- Tracheal surgeries like tracheal tumour, stenosis.
- Pediatric thoracic procedures include congenital lobar emphysema pneumatocle, cystic hygroma, bochdaleks hernia.
- Special and advanced procedures video bronchoscopy, cryobiopsy, laser ablation of tomour, pleuroscopy, video assisted thoracic surgery (vats).