Prof Brig Gen Mamun Mostafi (Rtd.)
Degree / Specialization:
MBBS (DMC), MACP, FCPS, FRCP
Senior Consultant and Coordinator Department of Nephrology
Bangladesh Specialized Hospital
Head (Ex) Department of Nephrology, Bangladesh Army
Specialist in Nephrology and Joint Disease
Professor of Nephrology
MBBS, MACP (USA), MRACP(Australia), FCPS (Med), FRCP (I)
1. Resident – Nephrology, July 1992 to June 1994 at CMH Dhaka
2. Training in Haemodialysis, Malaysia, 1994
3. Training on CAPD at CMC, Vellore, India, 1996
4. Advanced fellow ship training at AFMC, Pune and Indian Institute of Naval Medicine (attachment for training on kidney transplant), Mumbai, India, 2000-2001.
5. Training at Prince Sultan Referral Hospital, Riyadh, KSA 2002.
6. Training on kidney transplantation, at AIMS, Kochi, Kerala, India 2017
Seminars, conferences: Visited 28 countries and
1. Attended numerous conferences in home and abroad
2. Presented many research articles.
3. Presented many papers as invited speakers.
4. Chaired many national and international conference sessions.
1. Vice president national executive committee of Bangladesh Renal Association.
2. Life member Bangladesh Society of Medicine.
3. Life member Bangladesh Rheumatology Society.
4. Life member Bangladesh Society of Peritoneal Society.
5. Life member Association of Physicians, Bangladesh
6. Member International Society of Nephrology.
7. Member European Renal Association
8. Member Kidney foundation, Bangladesh.
|Research & Publication||
More than 50 Publications in different national and international journals.
Medicine, Nephrology, Rheumatology
1. Graded Specialist in Medicine, CMH Dhaka, 1990- 1994.
2. Nephrologist CMH Dhaka- 1995-2000
3. Associate Prof Nephrology, Armed Forces Medical College, Dhaka Cant, 2002-2007
4. Professor of Nephrology, Armed Forces Medical College, Dhaka: 2008-2012
5. Head of Medicine & Nephrology, CMH Rangpur and Army Medical College Rangpur ( 2013-2015)
6. Honorary Professor of Nephrology, Prime Medical College, Rangpur, 2013-2015
7. Head of Nephrology CMH Dhaka: Feb 2016 till date
8. Chief Physician and Head of Nephrology: CMH Dhaka and AFMC since Apr 2016 to Oct 2017.
1. Appreciation from Chief of Army Staff
2. Editor in Chief Journal of AFMC
3. Executive editor Bangladesh renal journal.
1. Established and renovated the Nephrology departments of CMH Dhaka, AFMC Dhaka and BGB Hospital Dhaka.
2. Pioneer in chronic ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) in Bangladesh.
3. First CAPD outside Dhaka (in Jessore).
4. Started first Plasmapheresis and CRRT in Government hospital in Bangladesh.
5. Attended 16th European Nephrology Conference at Madrid, Spain as chairman of a scientific session.